Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time's a-tickin'.

So it is officially less than 2 weeks until I leave. Time is flying!

Sunday was my last salsa social, which was a sort of jumpstart to the goodbye process. I think everything hit me then. The last week has been rough; it seemed like everything was crumbling before me and I was convinced that I had made the worst decision ever.

I still don't have anywhere to live, but I think I have a plan so that is a huge relief. I'm going to stay in a hotel close to the airport for at least the first night or two so that I'm not trying to navigate the metro (which is COMPLETELY foreign to me) while exhausted and stressed and probably really sad.

With all that said, I think I'm ok with going. There is going to be SO much that I will miss here. Ritmos looks like it's going to be so solid and so good and I am so sad I'm going to miss this semester...but I can't wait to come back in the spring and see all the progress these beginners have made.

I'm going to miss all my friends (old and new) beyond belief but I know we will cross paths again one day.

Everytime I see a video or something set in France I get butterflies. I was looking at hotels in Marseille and they had the most gorgeous pictures of the sea I have ever seen and I still refuse to believe that that will be home for at least the next 7 months. Man, I am a very lucky girl.

No comments: