Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 3 of grown up

So I did this program in order to DELAY growing up but all the sudden, I am realizing I have been thrust into adulthood more quickly than I ever imagined.

I'm on my third day of living completely on my own and it's weird. I'm cooking for myself, which is nice but I think it's gonna get real old, real fast. I've been to the grocery store every single day because I keep forgetting crap. But I think I finally have the essentials so I can start going every few days for stuff for dinner. I think I'm going to be eating tons of pasta!!!

Here's some of my concoctions: 



It's weird having to buy house stuff and I'm not realizing all the crap I need until I'm in the middle of needing it. My current list includes:
  • Shower Caddy
  • Broom
  • Mop
  • Bedsheets
I'm sure there are more...but I won't discover it until I need it, of course!!!

Today was my second day teaching and it did NOT go as smoothly as the first. I am glad Wednesdays are short because I don't think I will like them. One girl got kicked out of class for being belligerent, I think because she couldn't understand me but I couldn't exactly figure out what was going on. All I know is she stormed out and slammed the door and the girls in front of me were being adorable and giving me the "I don't know what's going on either!!!" eyes.

The second class was REALLY interested in what I had to say...however their level of English is LOW. It's gonna be soooo hard to teach these lower-leveled kids and I hope I can find some activities to help them.

After school, since I was done at 11, I went to the beach. Can I just say how cool it is to have a beach be a 20 minute walk away! It sucks that today is probably the last day possible to go. BUT we stayed out there for about 3 hours and I got SO dark...like an idiot I left a bandaid on my leg so I will have this super awkward bandaid tanline!

Tomorrow I have to be at school by 8 and stay until 4. I have 3 hours of break which is WAY too much. But maybe I can use it as my planning time and get a lot done.

1 comment:

bskelly07 said...

I made this just so I could comment on your posts, like LJ days :).

This sounds amazing, and I'm so utterly jealous of you and all your experiences! I'm so happy things are running a bit better for you :) miss you everyday.