Sunday, October 16, 2011

I don't wanna grow up...

My google searches this week consist of:
  • Recipes with xyz ingredients 
  • How to plan a budget
  • How to handwash clothes
My activities this week consisted of:
  • Assembling a set of drawers from Ikea
  • Mopping an apartment
  • Writing lesson plans
On Friday, I was feeling kind of bummed so I made a trip to a store that I heard had sheets. What I stumbled into was an equivalent of a dollar store mixed with walmart. It felt like a dollar store, but had everything walmart would have. I have never been so excited to see mops, brooms, bedsheets and appliances. I almost bought a hand blender but I realized I didn't need it...but boy did I want that hand blender.

Saturday, I woke up early to go meet with some other assistants to watch the Rugby match between Wales and France. France won so next week will be more watching at 10 am! Hell yes. Afterward, we went to Ikea. I thought it would help me feel less homesick but it just made me miss my mom and Beth because I usually go with my mom, and I also was reminding of this trip that Beth, my mom, and myself took up there a few years ago.
I did, however, get an awesome set of drawers, which is great because I now feel like all my stuff isn't just cluttered in a closet!! ALSO I assembled it...all by myself. I had to buy a 7euro hammer (WTF?!?!) that I will probably never use again.
I'm working on lesson plans right now, hopefully my first week of teaching goes smoothly! Wish me luck!!

On a non-grown up level. I went salsa dancing on Thursday! It was SO different from what I'm used to. It was a cuban salsa night, so I was comfortable (for the most part) with many of the moves because of Rueda but it was weird doing those moves couples style. I danced with some really good dancers and they were terrible, but I was ok with it because I know it's because I'm not used to the style. I also had some REALLY good dances so that helped too. I'm going to try a Puerto Rican night and see how that feels.

No comments: