Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Field Notes: French Toast

So seeing as I haven't been paid yet and I am running low on funds I will not  be going to the grocery store until next week unless things get completely dire. This will either prove to be a very creative experience or a boring one.

I attempted my French Toast this morning:

  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • dash of salt
  • 1/4 cup milk





It wasn't horrible, I should have soaked the bread a little bit longer in the egg mixture, I also need some vanilla extract and maybe brown sugar I will have to see how expensive it is here so I may have to make-do without. They also were lacking syrup, however that's not a must because I added some jam and nutella (nutella will definitely be my downfall here) and they tasted fine.

I bought some middle eastern cinnamon, which is kind of weird. I'm not sure if it's just different or if it's more for spices so I tried a little of it on a piece  of the french toast and it wasnt bad. I might play around with that a bit more.

I also tried to mix some nutella in half of the batter but that failed ahaha further experimentation for that to follow as well!

No comments: