Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scrambled Omelettes

This morning I (attempted) to cook an omelette. However, I have NEVER been able to successfully make an omelette. I'm not exactly sure why but by the end they always end up as scrambled eggs. Therefore, another France cooking goal I have is to make a perfect omelette, even if it is merely omelette au fromage.

Today was spent with a bit of (unsuccessful) winter shopping. I realized I just don't like winter clothes. I am destined to live in a desert for the rest of my life because I just don't like anything associated with cold.

Afterward, we went to the contemporary art museum. It was an artist's private collection, which I will update more on later, including pictures! I plan to go back, they have a Basquiat painting BUT it was down today, dommage.

According to a guide, there are 11 museums in Marseille and I plan to check them all out! I also am dying to take a trip to Arles to check out the Picasso and Van Gogh collections. Once I get my first paycheck and I'm able to see how life based on that. hopefully I will be able to budget in some day trips. I want to make a trip to Eze, a small town between Nice and Monaco that I visited in 2009, so that I can buy more of this perfume that I love.

My laptop charger is officially dead. Which is super frustrating. I am very fortunate that my lovely neighbor (and fellow assistant), Barbara, has a Mac as well, so until my charger from amazon arrives OR my warrantied charger from the Apple store comes in (yes, I indeed have two separate chargers on their way to me... such is my life), I can borrow hers. I'm hoping the one comes in the mail tomorrow and life will be so much easier.

As far as the cooking project goes, I've decided tomorrow I will take a stab at some French toast. I bought a baguette yesterday AND a loaf of bread (why I cannot figure out...) and I need to get rid of the baguette because they don't last more than a day or two. I have it cut up and sitting out to dry. HOPEFULLY I have all the ingredients for it!!!

I am gradually coming to terms with my carb-laden diet and maybe I will be able to accept an expanding waistline. Hopefully, the walking I am doing will compensate for all the bad and I will at least remain the same size.

No comments: